UGC NET Dec 2013 Notification Announced – Exam on 29th Dec 2013 www.ugcnetonline.in
UGC NET December 2013 Notification is announced by UGC, New Delhi. UGC NET/ JRF (II) exam dates are declared on the official website of UGCNETONLINE.IN. University Grants Commission, New Delhi (UGC) NET 29th December 2013 official notification is declared. UGC NET/ JRF Dec 2013 Exam dates, online application form, scheme of test, last date to apply, application fees is given on the official notification. UGC NET Dec 2013 subjects are : More details are below:
The University Grants Commission announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) on 29th December 2013 (SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges. UGC will conduct NET in 79 subjects including Santali new subject (listed under item no. 9) at 84 (Eighty Four, including five new centres) selected NET Coordinating Institutions (listed under Item no. 10) spread across the country. The result of the UGC-NET to be held on 29th December, 2013 will be made available on the UGC websites: www.ugc.ac.in and www.ugcnetonline.in as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
Also See: UGC NET Dec 2013 Admit Card Download
Important Dates of UGC NET December 2013:
- Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee: 30th October 2013
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI):2nd November 2013
- Last date of taking printout of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from UGC website: 5th November 2013.
- Last date for receiving the printout of online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) at the respective Coordinating University opted by the candidate: 9th November 2013
Also See: UGC NET Dec 2013 Subject & Subject Code
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP :
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M.Phil/Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
Condition of Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Assistant Professor eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD category are required to submit attested copy of the category Certificate along with online printout of their Application Forms (obtained while applying on-line). Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.12.2013. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website : www.ncbc.nic.in) categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years’ relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Examination Fees and Mode of Payment :
For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs.450/-; for Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ), the fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-
- After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the computer will automatically generate your ‘Bank Challan’ indicating your details therein. A print out of this Bank Challan may be taken by the candidate for payment through cash, on the next working day (after generating the challan from www.ugcnetonline.in) at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) alongwith bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-
- Two days after the payment of fee at SBI through filled Bank Challan, the candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at UGC website (www.ugcnetonline.in) and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
- The candidate has to attach the UGC copy of the challan with the printout of online Application Form which he/she has to submit to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET Coordinating Institution opted by the candidate.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Check the Official Notification of UGC NET December 2013: Check Here